Monday 13 May 2013

Artefact 5: Exaggeration To Represent Mass

My final Artefact uses the character/rig ‘Moom’ again. I animated ‘Moom’ this time to push a box, I wanted to show how the characters emotions and reactions help to exaggerate the imaginary mass of an object.

Again, using line of action, the power centre and twinning I will be able to use the character emotions to give the illusion of weight to a box. By making the character struggle I was able to add emphasis on this which place an important part in this animation.

Below you can see my final Artefact:



The feedback for my final Artefact wasn’t as positive as my fourth Artefact but the focus group I held told me that my key poses were strong although the animating technique wasn’t as strong as my previous Artefacts. They also gave me further feedback that sound would help to enhance the performance as it would be easier to believe. So although we are meant to do five artefacts I am going to add sounds for my own satisfaction to see whether this can help to enhance character emotions.

Overall this animation shows exaggeration can be used to give the illusion of mass to an object through the character emotions. To conclude this Artefacts along with the others the level of exaggeration truly relies on the character design and the personality it is attempting to portray. This animation shows the key importance of line of action and the power centres of a character as well as the emphasis of twinning. Another valid point I have come to understand is that the character design plays a vital role as to how much exaggeration can be used before going beyond the capabilities of the rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment