Wednesday 6 October 2010

One Shot


Today, I decided to research 'One Shot Films' to get a better understanding of what I will be doing as part of my course. My initial thought was of a music video by a Music Artist called 'Tim Halperin' where the use of 'One Shot' is used in a very simple but effective way. This video was shot by two directors, known as Jonathan Combs and Joe Childress. 

The reason I believe this video is successful is that there are many different scene changes, by moving the scenery, instead of putting together many takes. I believe the constant movement of the camera and scenes work well with the song as it represents the idea of life in motion.

This video has inspired me with a few ideas to try and push the boundaries and the rules that have been given to us by playing around with the idea to move the scenery rather than to change the actual scene itself. This will take a lot of time and effort to prepare the props but I believe as a group we could do this, we just need to think of a good storyline which will allow us to pull this off.

Here is the 'Making of the Video' to Tim Halperin's song 'She Runs' so you can see how the video was put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment