Friday 22 February 2013

Artefact 2: Exaggeration Roulette

For my second Artefact I used the Morpheus rig in an animated performance to see what different levels of exaggeration help to convey different emotions. I already know from the last Artefact that I cannot hyperextend this rig as it has a limit as to those of a real human being due to the realistic nature of the character.

The idea behind this artefact is that the character is playing at a Roulette table as it allows me to embellish the different emotions someone may feel when playing, such as happiness, excitement, hope, nervousness and sadness.

Below is my second Artefact:



Feedback from a questionnaire that I undertook showed similar results as to my first Artefact that the character can’t handle too much exaggeration. It shows all the emotions well but the animation in itself is quite dull and the rig doesn’t allow the character to overly exaggerate for a stronger performance to make more exciting for the audience and build a stronger emotional connection.

For my next Artefact I am going to try using a character rig known as ‘Moom’ he is more of a cartoony rig as he is more flexible and able to hyperextend which will allow me to add more exaggeration to the performance. 

The Morpheus rig overall didn’t allow me to exaggerate to a huge extent. Using another rig such as Moom may allow me to show what happens exactly when hyperextension is possible and how exaggeration enhances the characters emotions but keeps the believability of the performance to the audience alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment