Wednesday 4 May 2011

Visual Essay: Plan

Introduction
  • Starts outside the room with one single door.
  • The title of the essay ‘Visual Essay by George Pickles’ appears out of the wall.
  • Enter through the first door, into the hall.
  • Presented in front of you are 3 doors titled ‘Moving Image’, ‘Virtual Environments’ and ‘Interactive Media’.
  • Text will appear that displays the question that I intend to answer by the end of the visual essay, ‘Which Pathway Will I Choose?’
Interactive Media Room
  • As you enter this room you will see HTML in large font bouncing around the room.
  • A computer will be placed on a desk in the middle of the room, along side a chair.
  • The camera will zoom up to the computer screen, which will display information and images to do with Interactive Media and why I believe that it is not for me.
  • The camera will zoom out of the screen and on to a keyboard, which will have all the keys missing apart from the letters that spell the word ‘Monotonous’.
  • Leave the room and the door to this room will now be boarded up.
Moving Image Room
  • Access the door to this room, in front of you will be placed a 3 tungsten lights, a camera and a pile of videotapes and a projector.
  • The lights will be setup and the tapes will fall over.
  • The camera will zoom up to the projector, which will provide my thoughts on ‘Moving Image’ as well images and my first practitioner.
  •  Zoom away from the projector.
  •  Leave the room and the door to this room will now be boarded up.
Virtual Environments Room
  • As you enter this room the first noticeable thing you will realise is that there is more furniture, as it will be setup like my bedroom to show that, ‘Virtual Environments’ is for me.
  • In this room there will be a desk, cupboard, bed and an Armchair. Placed in this room will also be an iPod, Laptop, T.V. and toy buildings.
  • Zoom the camera onto the toy building blocks where information will be presented about ‘Archiform’, which is my 2nd practitioner.
  • Zoom out of the buildings on the iPod, where information and images will be provided about my 3rd practitioner I have chosen from the trip to London.
  • Zoom out of the iPod on the laptop screen where my information and images will be shown about my 4th and final practitioner as well as why I enjoy doing  Virtual Environments.
Evaluation
  • Zoom out of the laptop screen on the T.V. where screenshots of my work that I have done throughout the year will be shown. I will also include a few sentences to conclude my decision.
I may also include a voice over and/or music tracks as well as a few sound effects.

Props
  •        Doors
  •       Window
  •       Camera
  •         Tungsten Lights 
  •         Projector
  •         Videotapes
  •         Large Font
  •         Computer
  •         Desk 1
  •         Chair
  •         Keyboard with unique lettering
  •         Bed
  •         Cupboard
  •         Desk 2
  •         T.V.
  •         iPod
  •         Toy Buildings
  •         Laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment