Thursday 13 October 2011

Project 1: Self Defeating Chessboard Game

The first of the 4 projects I have been set this term is a 'Self Defeating Chessboard Game.' The brief say's this... 


'Use all your creative skills and media savyness to produce at least 30 seconds of animation to demonstrate a conflicted self-defeating Chess playing machine to extreme comic effect. The Machine should evidently wish to defeat itself during the animation without narration, think hand gestures and body language. When designing and animating think about articulation, timing, camera shots, compositing Foley [sound effects], mise en scène and lighting.

Through looking at Hierarchy and control then character and prop design we shall explore and practice designing modelling, rigging, camera and animation techniques with a view to understanding the animation production pipeline. We shall look at the work of big studio and independent animation auteur’s with a view to developing an understanding of the creative and professional context of this vocation.'






I have a few ideas floating around and I have done a few sketches which I will upload shortly I just need to improve them. I am excited about this project, it should allow me to develop my skills rapidly. Andy is a good and exciting lecturer making this project a whole lot easier to do but I have to remember that the deadline isn't very far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment